Hardware and Software Design
Our Functional Safety methodology is applied to the Automotive (ISO-26262), Agricultural (ISO-25119/4254) and Heavy-Duty (ISO-13849/19014) sectors: safety analyses, writing of software requirements, software development in compliance with the required Software Requirement Level (SRL), and creation of supporting documentation for the entire Safety life-cycle.
What is Functional Safety?
In an electronic system, Functional Safety consists of the implementation of protective or corrective rules following the identification of a potential risk condition, thereby reducing the hazardousness of an unwanted event.
On a practical level, our experience has allowed us to develop an in-depth knowledge of functional safety, especially in the following areas:
- The Automotive sector, with reference to ISO 26262
- Work Machinery, with reference to ISO 13849 / 19014
- The Agricultural sector, with reference to ISO 25119 / 4254
Our expertise in the field of Functional Safety
Starting with the Performance Level (PL) required by the client, at Este Technology we analyse the safety functions, and subsequently proceed to:
- Identify the risks and draw up the functional safety requirements;
- Design the entire hardware and software architecture of the system and its components;
- Delineate the diagnostic and fault prevention measures;
- Develop the software application in compliance with the necessary SRL;
- Carry out the functional safety verification and validation tests;
- Draw up the Safety Manual and all the accompanying documentation for the certification.
Are you interested in carrying out a Functional Safety project? Tell our technicians about your requirements, and we’ll provide you with a detailed plan of our dedicated services.