Hardware and Software Design
Hardware design: our core business for every type of sector
Hardware design has always been one of our flagships, and we’re capable of designing and providing ideal solutions for companies operating in all sectors.
Our expertise allows us to offer electronic equipment and systems developed based on the client’s own specifications, or on a co-design basis, including all the necessary tests and qualifications.
Hardware design methods
Starting with the system description, we assist the client with the selection of the most suitable components (sensors, drives and microcontrollers) based on the required target, and the creation of schematics and masters.
But our hardware design methods allow us to go even further. In fact, we develop systems with redundant architectures in order to provide Performance Levels that meet all the Safety requirements.
For production purposes, we rely on partners who are able to guarantee the required process flow in terms of Quality, in compliance with the ISO 9001 and ISO-TS 16949 certifications.
Finally, we also provide the client with support during the EMC and environmental testing phases, with the help of certified laboratories.
“Software comes from heaven when you have good hardware.”
Este Technology specialises in the development of software solutions customised to meet your needs. Thanks to our professionalism and the quality of our applications, we’ve become a true reference point for highly structured companies.
Our software design services consist of three macro-activities:
We specialise in the development of Embedded Firmware and the creation of programmable Hardware-based projects.
Our expertise allows us to handle the entire development process, including:
- Writing drivers for controlling the peripherals;
- Creation of BSPs (Board Support Packages) for interfacing with low-level drivers;
- Coding of the control application, based on the client’s specifications;
- Creation of BootLoaders and Kernels to allow for application updates.
- We create projects using both Bare-Metal coding and Real Time Operating Systems;
- We respect standard coding rules agreed upon with the client;
- We engineer the code by developing “modules” to improve portability and debugging;
- We write the code compliant with the MISRA-C guidelines in order to guarantee a quality process that’s in-line with the standard market requirements;
- We perform static code analysis using certified tools.
For projects of high logical complexity, we even use Model-Based Design Tools for automatic code generation.
By way of example, this allows us to integrate complex models developed in Matlab Simulink within projects written in C code, or to generate AUTOSAR compliant code.
Our wide range of development tools, IDEs and debugging tools allows us to develop projects based on microcontrollers, microprocessors, and DSPs by any manufacturer.
We’re equipped with laboratory instrumentation for analysing the physical behaviour of the signals acquired and generated by the control systems. We also dedicate maximum attention to the project testing phases, which we carry out in-house based on the client’s specifications, or else directly on the system itself.
In order to allow for interaction between the client and the electronic control units, we create GUIs (Graphical User Interfaces) that are capable of managing and simplifying the post-production of the same.
Our graphical user interfaces allow the user to:
- Update the control units’ software.
- Simulate the environment in which they will be installed.
- Diagnose any active faults.
- Configure the parameters based on the intended use.
In order to interface the PC with the control units, we use standard peripherals, which are customised to meet the client’s needs by creating specific drivers.
Supported operating system
The need to connect to an electronic control unit that’s difficult to reach via cables and other physical connections can be met by developing software specifically designed for Mobile devices.
We’ve therefore made use of our GUI experience to develop multiple native applications capable of interfacing smartphones and tablets with electronic control units. All this allows the user to:
- Remotely send commands for enabling/disabling functions
- Analyse the device’s functionality in Real-Time, in order to prevent any faults from occurring
- Diagnose active and logged faults